COVID-19 Update: More Ways RRT is Supporting Families in Need
The Rapid Relief Team (RRT) is stepping in to support those affected by the recent Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak by establishing emergency food-banks through their existing Food Box initiative for those who have been impacted by COVID-19.
• Front-Line Healthcare Workers
• Student Food Insecurity
• Individuals and Families who are in Self Isolation
• Families laid off from work as a result of COVID-19
In light of the worsening situation, RRT is pleased to submit the following proposal to gain support for RRT’s Food Box Initiative to provide further support as this crisis unfolds.
Provide Food Boxes for victims of COVID-19
RRT plans to distribute Food Boxes on a monthly basis directly to victims of the COVID-19 outbreak and to establish an emergency food bank at supporting organizations to assist with the crisis. RRT’s Food Box comprises of a variety of non-perishable long-life food which is designed to feed a family for a day or two. Valued at $60, the Food Boxes have been developed to provide immediate relief for people in need.
Criteria to Qualify
To qualify for support, the individual must meet the following criteria:
• Employed on a casual or temporary basis;
• In self-quarantine at home, not hospitalized;
• Documentation confirming need for quarantine;
• Referred to RRT by Community Recovery or similar organization.